Sinusitis that is also known as Sinus is one of the most dreadful diseases. As it would create the problem for you when you try to breathe, will cause blockage in your nose that would cause the sense of uneasiness and so on. You might doubt that whether the sinus is contagious or not. Many of our readers must be interested to know that are sinus infections contagious through kissing, If yes then what should be the precautions one should take to fight against this disease.
Also Read: Sinus Pain Relief Home Remedies
Expert Opinion: Are Sinus Infections Contagious Through Kissing:
Many experts believe that sinus could not be contagious as it is caused because of bacteria, viruses, etc. and you are safe from any sinus infections as well. Healthy sinuses are filled up with the air, but when they get swelled up, they either get blocked or filled with fluid. Due to this fluid, bacteria, and virus inside it lead to sinus. Thus, you might want to know that Are Sinus infections contagious through kissing or not, If a person is suffering from sinus can be kissed or not. There are rare chances when the sinus could be infectious too.
Many experts have conflict upon the opinion mentioned above, and according to them any disease caused because of bacteria or fungi can be spread, either it sinusitis or any other disease. Hence one should avoid the direct contact with the patient of a sinus. Even if you have any make sure that you are using the appropriate mask and took other precautions as well.
Thus, it is suggested that you should avoid kissing with the patient suffering from sinus. Chances are there that sinus infections got contagious because of kissing. Hence, one should make eschew any possibility that can affect your health.
Are Sinus Infections contagious through kissing and the precautions for Sinus:
- Avoid Smoking: One suffering from sinusitis should avoid smoke. If you are already into smoking and all then make sure that you leave it instantly as it would not make your situation vulnerable for you.
- Avoid Heights: For Patients suffering from sinusitis, it is recommended that you should avoid traveling to heights or you also avoid travel in flights. Whenever you would go in heights, a pressure in the atmosphere decreases that sometimes results in bleeding of the nose due to which it is suggested to avoid flying in altitudes while suffering from sinusitis. So you may be still wondering are sinus infections contagious through kissing, you will get your answer below.
- Swimming or Diving: If you are suffering from sinusitis, it is recommended that you should avoid swim or dive into the water. Due to swimming or diving bacteria, virus, fungi available in water may enter in your nasal passage and make infection vulnerable to you. Along with this change in pressure and chlorine are two enemies of the sinus. Chlorine in the water may cause post-sinus problems and can affect the lining of your sinusitis, or lining of your nasal passage as well. It can also lead to problem of Eustachian Tube.
- Direct Contact with Patient: One should avoid direct contact with the people who are suffering from sinusitis. Since sinusitis caused because of bacteria, virus, and fungi, direct contact with the patient could cause transmission of diseases when they sneeze, cough it is possible that bacteria of sinus transmitted from one person to another. Hence, you should always direct contact with the person suffering from sinusitis.
- Drugs or Alcohol: Intake of drugs or alcohol can make your sinusitis worst. It contains some substance make your thinking capacity weak due to which one should always avoid intake of drugs or alcohol.
Also Read: How to Relieve Sinus Pressure in Head